Magnetic Chalkboard Project

We have been working on this project for a month but finally have it done!  We applied 4-5 coats of magnetic paint and then 2-3 coats of chalkboard paint! This way we can hang things magnetically also.  We also mounted 4 cork board squares and a calendar to help with organization.  I would also like to add a couple bins for papers and all Kendall's school stuff!  We decided to do a whole wall in our mud room.  We pass by it everyday to leave and thought it would be the perfect place to keep everything we need.  So far we love it and Kendall enjoyed drawing on it last night.  I'm still getting over the mess it makes every time you draw on it but I'm sure I will!

Comments

  1. ooo! I've been wanting to do this. I have the paint but not sure if I have enough. How much did you go through for that big wall?
    I was going to do it upstairs and it has carpet...maybe I need to rethink my wall after seeing the 'mess' it makes. :)
    They do have markers that write on chalk boards, maybe that would be cleaner?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Johnson's Room

4th of July in Iowa

Fall is Here!